Tee up at luxurious golf and country clubs in St. Johns County
Posted by Gail DeMarco on Wednesday, April 12, 2023 at 12:45 PM By Gail DeMarco / April 12, 2023 Comment
St. Johns County is home to an exquisite assortment of championship golf courses and country clubs to satisfy your cravings for the links as well as tennis, pickleball, casual and formal dining, banquets, and more. Here are some to get you started:
- The Plantation at Ponte Vedra Beach: Whether for golf, tennis, pickleball, croquet, swimming, or just enjoying a beverage while watching a beautiful sunset, The Plantation is the place. This club's golf course — recently designed by PGA Tour professionals — features 7 tee boxes from championship to forward tees for families. It's fun and challenging for everyone. Members also enjoy social clubs appealing to interests from bird watching to botany. It also has a clubhouse with a restaurant and bar, as well as a pro shop. There'seven a private beach house just a 10-minute bike ride from the main gate! Located at 101 Plantation Drive, Ponte Vedra Beach.
- St. Johns Golf Club: The championship 18-hole coursehere welcomes players of all ages and skills. With the area's largest public practice facilities, the club features an expansive grass tee driving range measuring over 325 yards with a private backside tee area for individual and group instruction; a two-tiered chipping green; and a separate; well-manicured putting green. There is a full-service club repair shop on site in case your clubs need any adjustments. And of course visit the clubhouse with its restaurant and bar, as well as the pro shop. Located at 4900 Cypress Links Blvd, Elkton, in the St. Augustine area.
- Marsh Creek Country Club: The only private club on Anastasia Island in St. Augustine, Marsh Creek Country Club offers a dynamic and diverse experience for members. The club provides a recreational retreat, family-friendly atmosphere and the very best of the St. Augustine area and beyond. This club offers an 18-hole golf course that includes a driving range, putting green, and chipping area. Members also enjoy tennis and pickleball, a fitness center, and a swimming pool. Marsh Creek's clubhouse has a restaurant and bar, as well as a pro shop. The new La Mesa restaurant offers excellent cuisine with a local flair – all in a relaxing atmosphere with views of the local topography. Located at 169 Marshside Dr., St. Augustine.
- The Palencia Club: The Palencia Club in St. Augustine includes a driving range, putting green, and chipping area along with a luxurious clubhouse for special events and formal or casual dining, plus a bar and pro shop. The challenging 7,071-yard Arthur Hill masterpiece golf course winds through centuries-old maritime oak trees and along the Intracoastal Waterway. For the non-golfers in the family, or those who prefer other sports and recreation, The Palencia also has tennis courts, a fitness center, and a swimming pool. Located at 600 Palencia Club Dr., St. Augustine.
- Sawgrass Country Club: Whether enjoying a morning sunrise on the beach, relaxing by cocktails and meals at the oceanfront beach club, surfing lessons, toning up at at the Fitness center, or testing your golf and tennis skills, Sawgrass Country Club has activities and venues to complement everyone's recreational and social desires. For golfers, the legendary championship 27 holes of golf include a driving range, putting green, and chipping area. The clubhouse has a restaurant and bar, as well as a pro shop and an assortment of activities tailored tochildren. The club also has tennis courts, a fitness center, and a beach club. Located at 10034 Golf Club Dr., Ponte Vedra Beach.
St. Johns County offers many excellent clubs for golf, tennis, water sports, and more. Contact our team for more information on the lifestyle here.